START...there!



It's August first and I spent nearly half the day already looking over my life for the thousandth time this year wondering where to turn and what to do and how to overcome all the obstacles that have presented themselves and all the ones that have increased. I have tried making a game plan all while sorting through feelings of despair, hopelessness, heartbreak and betrayal and even actual physical pain. 

I have decided not to start this blog post in microsoft word--the posts that start there never make it here to the blog, even though finessed and structured to abnormal fallible perfection, I just never get around to sharing any of them and my mind drifts to the next thing or begins to pick the already edited writing apart again for the two thousandth seven hundredth and twenty one time--it's a cycle that produces no real results. I then sit with hundredths of drafts and finished work not knowing what to post, even with pieces that the momentum is already lost on--being a perfectionist sucks.

It is August and I have already written the first task and reminder for the coming work week. I have lots to get done and ideas amassed in my mind, but I am doing it all step by step, and one day at a time because though it might be important to finish, the imperative part is the start. Not the perfection of it because there is no such thing but the act of it--starting right there, where you are, in whatever state you are, with whatever you have.

I almost started crying this morning. Haha, who am I kidding I was crying this morning. The thought of back-to-school and daily expenses, even the minute basic ones heavy on me, but before the first tear fell God gave me a song and ironically I started humming it then I started sing it.

It wasn't the islands of things that I had to do, the debt, the expenses, the fact that I hadn't bought a single school book or school supply as yet or that there were looming expenses or other things my children needed but rather the promise in the song God put on my heart. The lyrics that showed me that God saw my fears but He also saw my faith. He knew what I was thinking about and was holding me in that moment. It was my assurance that God was and is working things out and will perfect all things concerning me and would never forsake the work of His hands.

Creation doesn't just testify the power and might and sovereignty of God but also the faithfulness of God and the very covenant of God.

Be Encouraged. And while you wait with a posture of faith[the verb] I ask you this: is there anything too hard for God? is there anything too difficult for the Lord of Host, for the commander of heaven's armies, for Yeshua?


  • Psalm 138:8 "The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands."

  • Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

  • Genesis 50:20 "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive."

  • Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

  • ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    A raw reflection on life’s obstacles, perfectionism, financial stress, and faith—finding strength in God’s reassurance and the power of simply starting where you are

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    life reflection, overcoming obstacles, perfectionism, writing journey, emotional struggle, despair and hope, financial stress, back to school, faith in God, divine reassurance, song of comfort, resilience, perseverance, imperfect beginnings, spiritual encouragement, God’s covenant, personal growth, daily challenges, inspiration, starting over

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Ultimate Guide to Glowing Skin on Your Wedding Day

    The Bridal Glow Blueprint

    I Will Not Let You Go!